Saturday, January 11, 2014

Back in Action!

After a long siesta (going on seven years!), I have decided it is time to revive my blog! The last few years have been fun and exciting....and there have been many changes! My two oldest kids are now at university, and the two younger are in Grade 12 and 9. I am looking forward to sharing some of the things I have been up to quilting and otherwise. The blog will also help to keep me on the straight and narrow! Like some quilters out there (you know who you are!), I have an extensive stash. This year, as last year, I will be doing a "Stash Report"... but this time it will be out there for all to see! I didn't do too badly in 2013, I used 20 more yards than I brought in.... but considering the size of the pile at the top of the stair, I  am determined to do better!

For the past few years my friends Carol, Gail and I have attended Gwen Marston's Beaver Island Retreat in Elk Rapids, Michigan. This past fall was Gwen's 30th and final retreat. We decided we wanted to make her a special quilt to thank her. She gave us confidence to fearlessly break all the rules and  provided us with endless inspiration to make our own unique quilts. Here we are with Gwen, second from left, with the quilt we made together. I can honestly say that this is one of the quilts I am most proud of.

Now on to the stash report:
Total fabric bought this week: 0 yards
Total fabric bought this year: 0 yards
Total fabric used this year: 7 yards.

The seven yards is a backing for my Scrappy Trips Halloween quilt. The backing was made by piecing a bunch of flannel scraps. The quilt is now being quilted and will show up here before long.

Well that's all for now.. tune in soon for more!

2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Welcome (back) to blogging!

bumblebee53 said...

hello; i'm a beginner (both lurker and quilter). glad you are blogging again! i stumbled upon your quilt blog, and absolutely love your brilliant idea of a stash report! Your pictures showing your work are inspiring.