Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Road to Friendships

In October, the London Friendship Quilters Guild held their biannual quilt show "Road to Friendships".
Our new venue had a lot more space to display our members' beautiful quilts.

Jacqui brought her collection of antique sewing machines and demonstrated how they work.


It was a real treat that was enjoyed by the many visitors to the show.


This is "Road to Kansas with Friends". My mum is posing in front! I made this quilt as part of a Round Robin with three friends. We each ended up with a quilt contributing our talents to the others quilts. I started with the four "Road to Kansas" blocks in the middle, and then passed it on with a bundle of strings/ scraps and red solid fabric for my friends to play with.  Gail, Cathy, and Jacqui  played very nicely with my scraps - I am so pleased!


My son is standing in front of "Scrappy Halloween Trips". I had a nice collection of Halloween prints that I had been amassing over the years. Bonnie Hunter's pattern was a great way to use them! 


  On the left is "Apple Crisp" by me and Edith's fabulous selvage quilt is on the right.


Finally, DH is here with my 9 Patch Mystery quilt that was a part of a guild activity.
Each month for 8 months we had to bring in 20 nine patch blocks in a certain colour. They were handed in and then swapped with other members' blocks and returned. We then had a great scrappy assortment of blocks for our quilts.



It was an excellent show - the guild's Quilt Show Committee are to be commended.


No comments: