Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Jolly Little Bow and another pillow


Spring is always a busy time for me - at work and at home, but I still found a few hours for a bit of sewing. I'm continuing to work on Sew Fresh Quilts'  " Jolly Little Quilt Along". My goal is to use fabric only from my stash. Luckily, I have a nice collection of winter fabrics. How do you like my blue bow?






This week I decided to switch up my fabrics, and made one of my Canada pillows using some fun, cheerful fabrics. To me, the flowers, cherries, and strawberries speak of summer on the porch or at the cottage!



Here is a close-up of the center fabrics.


I've been making Canada pillows in celebration of Canada's upcoming Sesquicentennial (150th birthday) on July 1st. 

This particular pillow is currently available in my Etsy Store, Balmoral Quilt Co. If you would like to make your own pillow, my pattern is also available there as a downloadable PDF


 Everyone is gearing up for the big party! I am seeing lots of red and white flowers in my neighbours' and city gardens. 

This is our hanging basket of red  and white petunias.


How are you preparing for Canada's big birthday ? How do you plan to celebrate?

This week, I'm linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts' Let's Bee Social, and Busy Hands Quilts

10 comments:

Andree G. Faubert said...

That's a lovely pillow. Love your choice of fabrics!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great fabrics in your celebratory pillow!

Sandra Walker said...

Your pillow is terrific! Good for you putting out a pattern as well. :-) One day I wish Lorna would come our way but the guild here (that I no longer belong to) doesn't seem to be big on bloggers...their loss. I saw a house on our way in to Windsor, Ontario, yesterday, that had red and white hanging baskets and flower boxes and pots...and a Canada flag too! Loved it. I plan to hang my Windfall quilt and MAYBE get a Canada pillow made...I bought a pattern in Florida of all places, this past winter for a terrific one.

grammajudyb said...

Love the Canada pillows! What a great pattern.

Balmoral Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Balmoral Quilter said...

Thanks so much!

Balmoral Quilter said...

Thanks so much, Sandra, for your kind words. I would highly recommend Lorna to your guild. She gave an excellent lecture and led a most enjoyable workshop. I would be delighted to see her back! Have fun making your Canada pillow -two weeks to go!

Peter parker said...

Problems regarding the Account Hack in Gemini
Account hacking events are never going to fade away from our Gemini account, but, we surely do make sure to carry remedies to eliminate such errors. If you’re dealing with any of errors and need solution to fix error, you can always take help from the skilled professionals who’re there to assist you. You can always call on Gemini support phone number which is functional all the time for assistance. You can contact with the team anytime for fruitful results in no time. Having conversation with them is required as you will be guided by the experts and they know tricks to eliminate errors.

Peter parker said...

Are you fixed in issue while operating the Binance account? Do you need assistance from the professionals who’re there to support you? If yes, you should take help from the team and fix all your queries in no time by taking guidance from the professionals via Binance support phone number. Binance exchange is a complete package of services along with a few flaws and to deal with errors, you can always take help from the team who has solution to all the problems. Have conversation with the team regarding the matter and avail solutions from them.

fantasypower11 said...

You can’t step out and do the things that you were doing a few years back. Due to this,
everyone needs something to be entertained and enjoy.
Fantasy cricket is something that can help you be entertained and enjoy at the same time.
Fantasy cricket is a game that allows you to earn real money.
best cricket games
best cricket games for android