Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Forest Friends

Last June, Gail thecozyquilter@blogspot.ca and I embarked on a "Forest Fancy" adventure!
The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman. I chose a lovely stack of Denyse Schmidt's "Hope Valley" that had been in my stash for a while. I had been waiting for the perfect project and decided this was it!

We decided to start with the simpler blocks and work up to ones with a gazillion pieces.

First came the foxes.



 Then the thistles


Some hedgehogs (aren't they cute?)




Bunny Rabbits






 Owls 






Coming together, about to put the fireflies together -which were a nightmare by the way!)
I did not get a picture of the fireflies on their own.



Finally, the completed Forest Fancy flimsy!



I am quite pleased with the results and am now pondering on how to quilt it!







3 comments:

Ariane said...

This quilt is beautiful!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt top...we can forget now about how challenging the fireflies were...

Marie said...

Perfect fabrics for that quilt - very sophisticated take on the original.