Sunday, December 06, 2015

Little sheep is losing her stuffing...

First up tonight was to fix up little sheep who was losing her stuffing. Sheep belongs to my daughter and was a gift from a special friend. All sewn up, she is now ready to be tied back onto my daughter's backpack and off to school in the morning.




Every year our guild makes placemats to be given to the clients of Meals on Wheels.
The orphan tree block was the inspiration for the placemat. I pulled the bright and cheery colours to make it placemat size. Feeling playful, I added the fork and spoon fabric to the top and bottom, in keeping with the theme.






I brought some extra curved log cabin blocks to Gail's to make another placemat. Gail put the blocks together and quilted it. I finished off the binding. And voila! Another placemat lickety-split! 






This year the guild is making stockings for the women's shelter. We are making 300. They are to be filled with toiletries.  I will be handing these four in this week.






I have started binding the "Woodland Animals" quilt. Cathy did a fabulous job with the quilting.
I will do a big reveal when it is all done!




I am linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching







2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Busy busy!,,, bring 16 5" charm squares that are Christmassy tomorrow night, I have a project in mind.... Cute sheep

Quilter Kathy said...

Great causes and wonderful contributions!
Enjoy your binding... it's my favourite :)