Saturday, February 03, 2007




Viruses, pleurisy, and pneumonia begone!

This has been quite a winter for illness, and I for one, have had it! Various bactria and nasty viruses have hit me, my family, and friends. It's time to move on to better health. I wanna quilt! The only problem is there's so much I want to do and I can't decide where to start! My guild is having a "Quilt-til-you-Wilt" day later this month at a local Best Western - quilt all day from 8am til 9pm. We will be served all our meals - no cooking, no dishes to wash - heavenly! This is a great opportunity to get a lot done so I'll have to go to my stash and put a project together.

I've only managed one little wall-hanging the last while. This Santa is wool-applique from Rocking Chair Stitches. I quite enjoy working with wool, and applique is portable. In fact, I did most of the work on this while waiting in the living room of my children's piano teacher while they did their lessons.

I was introduced to wool applique last year with a visit to my guild from Nellie Holmes. She spoke at our meeting and gave a workshop the next day. She is a delightful and inspiring speaker and teacher. Nellie is a Canadian pattern and fabric designer. She, along with two other designers form Upper Canada Quiltworks. Her branch of the business is called "Originellies". Here is the penny rug I made at Nellie's workshop.

1 comment:

comicbooklady said...

Those look great! I've got to try working with wool, too.